The history of Ginori began in 1735 in Doccia, just outside Florence, when Marquis Carlo Andrea Ginori opened a factory, inspired by his passion for porcelain.
The Ginori Manufactory was the first Italian manufacturer of hard paste porcelain, becoming one of the most famous factories in artistic porcelain. Some of their best-known patterns and shapes were born in the early days and have remained part of the collection ever since. The factory grew considerably and at the end of the nineteenth century, the company merged with Milanese ceramic manufacturer Augusto Richard.
Highly innovative elements inspired by the ancient and oriental culture were introduced by Gio Ponti during the 20s and 30s. Over the following decades, Ginori would collaborate with some of the greatest Italian designers such as Achille Castiglioni, Enzo Mari or Aldo Rossi.
For over 280 years, Ginori 1735 has been regarded as an expression of Italian excellence, embodying the traditional craftsmanship of porcelain with creativity and attention to progress.